APARTMENTS NEAR SIENA, TUSCANY
DISTANCE FROM BORGO AL CERRO: ca 60 km (70 mins)
Fiesole, a town of great antiquity, dominates the glorious city of Florence from on high.
- DUOMO (Fiesole is the seat of a bishop)with works by Mino da Fiesole, Bicci di Lorenzo and others
- ROMAN THEATRE (Imperial period) and ROMAN RUINS (temple and baths) and remains of Etruscan walls
- CHIESA DI SAN FRANCESCO
- SAN DOMENICO DI FIESOLE and the
- BADIA FIESOLANA (Fiesole’s first cathedral - ca. 3 km).
- Feb/May and Oct/Dec: Concerts for Friends (La Borraccia Villa)
- July/August: Summer in Fiesole (music, theatre, dance, and film shows)
- Fiesole Antiquaria (Antiques Fair): second Sunday in every month
A visit to Fiesole can even be as short as half an hour or so, but don’t forget to enjoy the splendid views looking down over Florence.