APARTMENTS NEAR SIENA, TUSCANY
DISTANCE FROM BORGO AL CERRO: ca 120 km (90 mins)
The city of the Leaning Tower...
- PIAZZA DEI MIRACOLI with CAMPANILE (Leaning Tower), CAMPOSANTO, BAPTISTERY
- SANTA MARIA DELLA SPINA and SAN PAOLO A RIPA D’ARNO
- PIAZZA DEI CAVALIERI with the TORRE DELL’OROLOGIO
- 17 June: San Ranieri (patron saint of city) Illuminations (riverside promenades are spectacularly lit up, and historical regatta is held on the river).
The city is a fairly long way from us (around 1 hour 30 mins) so we advise you to combine a visit to the city with visits to other interesting sites (LUCCA, SAN MINIATO, MONTECATINI). Those flying in or out of Pisa should allow around 3 hours to visit the city.
FINE FOOD AND WINE
White bean soup, "cee alla pisana", schiacciata di ceci (cecina) (crisp-bread made with chick peas), and fish..
- Wines: Chianti delle Colline Pisane (white and red), and Montescudaio (white, red, vin santo).